Monday, April 1, 2013

Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover


Hopeless
By: Colleen Hoover
Pub. Date: December 19, 2012
Publisher: Self
Pages: 391
Source: Bought

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn't at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

Hopeless is one of those books that I had no idea what to expect. It sounded just like the other New Adult titles that are out there right now, but I bought it because I am a huge fan of Hoover's Slammed series. As soon as I started reading, I knew this book was going to be something special, and boy was it!

Sky has spent most of her life home schooled, but this year that all changes. She will spend her senior year at a high school. She has also never been able to feel a real connection to any boys. That all changes when she meets Dean Holder. Holder is a very interesting guy. Hot one minute, cold the next, I could never really figure him out. What I could tell is that he is an extremely sweet and caring person, and Sky means a lot to him.

I was able to figure out the big secret of the story pretty early on, but it ended up being so much more then I thought it would be. Hopeless is an emotional, raw and honest read. I was not able to turn the pages fast enough.

I highly recommend Hopeless! You will thank me, I promise!

You can also buy a signed copy of Hopeless from Colleen's website! 





1 comment:

  1. I have seen this one, but didn't know it was more YA. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...