Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Breaking Point by Kristen Simmons


Breaking Point
(Article 5 # 2)
By: Kristen Simmons
Pub. Date: February 12, 2013
Publisher: Tor Teen
Pages: 400
Source: Finished copy sent from Publisher

The second installment in Kristen Simmons's fast-paced, gripping YA dystopian series.

After faking their deaths to escape from prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.

Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper’s true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….

Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.

Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.

With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?
I loved last years Article 5. I thought it was an exciting and original dystopian and I was so excited to get my hands on Breaking Point. While I didn't think it was as good as the first book, it was still a great read!

The main thing that gets me so hooked with this series is the characters. Ember and Chase are so well written that I feel what they feel, and I deal with what they are dealing with. Even the secondary characters are fleshed out perfectly! Ember and Chase have been through a lot, and have changed a lot since the first book. They don't get to spend any time alone, but there stolen moments were so sweet!

There is a lot of action in Breaking Point that definitely got my heart pumping. Every time the group went out on a raid, I was so afraid they weren't going to come back, and sadly, sometimes they didn't. The writing was extremely fast paced and there were no dull or slow moments.

There are so many twists and turns in this story. I honestly did not see many of them coming. There is a lot of buildup for the next book, and I can not wait to read it! 


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed Breaking Point as well - I loved how Simmons characterized Chase and Ember!

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...