Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review: I Only Have Eyes by Bella Andre

I Only Have Eyes For You
(The Sullivan's # 4)
By: Bella Andre
Pub. Date: April 10, 2012
Publisher: Oak Press LLC
Pages: 300
Source: Netgalley
Get ready for another Sullivan to fall in love in Bella Andre's bestselling contemporary romance series!

Sophie Sullivan, a librarian in San Francisco, was five years old when she fell head over heels in love with Jake McCann. Twenty years later, she's convinced the notorious bad boy still sees her as the "nice" Sullivan twin. That is, when he bothers to look at her at all. But when they both get caught up in the magic of the first Sullivan wedding, she knows it's long past time to do whatever it takes to make him see her for who she truly is...the woman who will love him forever.

Jake has always been a magnet for women, especially since his Irish pubs made him extremely wealthy. But the only woman he really wants is the one he can never have. Not only is Sophie his best friend's off-limits younger sister...he can't risk letting her get close enough to discover his deeply hidden secret.

Only, when Sophie appears on his doorstep as Jake's every fantasy come to life-smart, beautiful, and shockingly sexy-he doesn't have a prayer of taking his eyes, or his hands, off her. And he can't stop craving more of her sweet smiles and sinful kisses. Because even though Jake knows loving Sophie isn't the right thing to do...how can he possibly resist?
I haven't read any of the Sullivan series book, but I am always on the lookout for cute romances. When I saw this on netgalley, I thought that the story looked adorable and I couldn't wait to read it. Unfortunately, while it did satisfy me, I didn't enjoy it as much I was hoping that it would.

Sophie and Jake have known each other since they were five and ten, respectively, when Jake became an honorary member of the Sullivan household. As they grew older, Sophie became the good girl librarian, while Jake became a slut. Sophie thought she never would have a chance with the gorgeous and elusive Jake and Jake thought with his abusive childhood, he would never deserve a girl as good and wonderful as Sophie. At her brothers wedding, the two finally, after twenty years, give into their feelings and sleep together. But when Jake leaves the next morning without saying goodbye, Sophie realizes she was just another conquest for Jake. Fast forward two months, and Sophie learns she's pregnant and tells Jake, leading the two of them into something they never expected.

I really liked Jake. His insecurities about his past made him honest and real. I couldn't help but hope he realized that despite his childhood, he is a good person that deserves a family and love. Sophie really was the perfect girl for him. Sophie on the other hand, annoyed the crap out of me. At first I thought she was a strong, independent women, but the more I got to know her, the more she came off as weak and dependent.

I also didn't like how protective Jake was of Sophie at the wedding. I get that he likes her, but I think he went a little overboard not letting her dance with any guys and it didn't even seem like she got angry at him for trying to control her. I would have been pissed while she just brushed it off.

The Sullivan siblings were great! I would love to get to know them better in the other books. They seem like they know how to have a good time, while being really protective of each other.

Overall, I Only Have Eyes For You is a quick and cute read. The romance is sweet, if not a little to quick for my liking, but if you are in the mood for that, then I believe this book would be perfect for you!



1 comment:

  1. I've read some of Bella Andre's books before, but haven't heard of this one. It sounds cute!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...