Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Review: Don't Mess With Texas by Christie Craig


Don't Mess With Texas
(Hotter in Texas # 1)
By: Christie Craig
Pub. Date: September 1, 2012
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Pages: 464
Source: Bought ebook
Nikki Hunt thought her night couldn't get worse when her no-good, cheating ex ditched her at dinner, sticking her with the bill. Then she found his body stuffed in the trunk of her car and lost her two-hundred-dollar meal all over his three-thousand-dollar suit. Now not only is Nikki nearly broke, she's a murder suspect.

Former cop turned PI, Dallas O'Connor knows what it's like to be unjustly accused. But one look at the sexy-though skittish-suspect tells him she couldn't hurt anyone. The lead detective, Dallas's own brother, has the wrong woman and Dallas hopes a little late-night "undercover" work will help him prove it . . .

Don't Mess With Texas is the first book I have read by Christie Craig, and all I can say is that I want more! This isn't simply a romance/sex book...there is an actual plot, and it's interesting! The characters were written so realistically, I wanted to be friends with all of them. The writing was so fantastic, I couldn't turn the pages fast enough.

Nikki Hunt already was having a bad night, but then she finds her ex husband dead in her trunk and she is the number one suspect. Dallas is a PI who used to be a cop, but after being framed for murder, he wanted to spend the rest of life making sure that what happened to him wouldn't happen to other innocent people.

I really liked Nikki. She was dealing with a lot, but she handled herself well. She wasn't annoying and she didn't whine. She was honest and sweet and I loved how close she was to her grandmother. Then there is Dallas, sigh. There is not enough room in this review to talk about how much I loved Dallas. I felt so bad for him, especially when he talked about having to go to his mother's funeral in handcuffs. Especially because he, and his two friends, Austin and Tyler, really were innocent. Dallas was so sweet and I loved that he wanted to dedicate the rest of his life to helping innocent people not go to prison. I absolutely loved Nikki and Dallas together. They were so cute and I couldn't help but root for them!

I loved the dynamic between Dallas and his brother Tony, the cop assigned to Nikki's case. You can tell how much they love each other, and I enjoyed the bantering back and forth between the two.

Don't Mess With Texas is a fun, cute and quick read. I can't not wait to get my hands on the second book in the series, Blame It On Texas, which will focus on Tyler, Dallas' friend! 







Other books in the series:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...