Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Summary Provided by HarperTeen:
Ginny Blackstone thought that the biggest adventure of her life was behind her. She spent last summer traveling around Europe, following the tasks her Aunt Peg laid out in a series of letters before she died. When someone stole Ginny's backpack—and the last little blue envelope inside—she resigned herself to never knowing how it was supposed to end.
 

Months later, a mysterious boy contacts Ginny from London, saying he's found her bag. Finally, Ginny can finish what she started. But instead of ending her journey, the last letter starts a new adventure—one filled with old friends, new loves, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Ginny finds she must hold on to her wits . . . and her heart. This time, there are no instructions.

My Thoughts:
First off, I would like to thank the kind folks over at NetGalley and HarperTeen for allowing me to read an advanced e-galley copy of The Last Little Blue Envelope!!

I read 13 Little Blue Envelopes in January and instantly fell in love with the story. When I got to the end and realized that Ginny (and therefore myself) will never know what the last letter said, I was devastated. I’m not even being dramatic; I was really upset and threw the book on my floor. I know, mature.  I think I was more pissed about not being able to read the 13th letter then Ginny was! A few days had passed when I learned that Maureen Johnson wrote a sequel!! A sequel that would be containing the last letter! **Cue confetti**

The Last Little Blue Envelope did not disappoint. It was so much more then what I hoped it would be. I read it in a few hours, smiling the entire time that I was reading it. The book starts with Ginny thinking about her college admission essays and recalling the summer she spent traveling Europe with only her deceased aunt’s letters to guide her, letters that she no longer because someone stole her backpack in Greece. One day, a young man named Oliver emails her and says he has her letters, including the never opened 13th letter, but she must go to London to retrieve them. Next thing she knows, Ginny is on her way on another wonderful adventure.

While in Europe we meet up again with Uncle Richard (who I love btw, wish we could have seen more of him), and Keith (I liked him a lot more in this book-he was so funny and sarcastic!) and we are introduced to Ellis (Keith’s new girlfriend who really is perfect for him) and Oliver. Let’s discuss Oliver. The last letter brings Ginny across Europe to retrieve Aunt Peg’s last piece of art. When Ginny sells it, she will make a lot of money. Oliver won’t give Ginny her aunt’s letter’s unless he goes with her and is given half of the money after it’s sold. Even though Oliver was doing this very sleazy thing, I still enjoyed his character, and I think you will too!

The Last Little Blue Envelope is the perfect sequel. It was exactly what I needed. The writing was good, the plot kept me interested and the characters were awesome! I promise that if you loved 13 Little Blue Envelopes as much as I did, the sequel will not disappoint you!

The Last Little Blue Envelope comes out April 26, 2011

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i love your review! i really need to read this series soon. i have both the first book as an ebook and the second on netgalley.
    btw, is that your kindle you've taken that snapshot on? so cool you can read netgalley books on your kindle! :) (I still have to purchase one. hehe. will, soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to read this series even more then before! The fact that you were so angry about not seeing the letter and then the sequel to surpass your expectations makes me so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...