Sunday, March 20, 2011

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting


Summary Provided by Goodreads:
The missing dead call to Violet. They want to be found.
Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.

As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.

My Thoughts:
Desires of the Dead is a wonderful follow-up to The Body Finder, (you can read my review of The Body Finder here). This series is so original and it is one of the many reasons I am in love with it!

Desires of the Dead takes place a few months after the events in The Body Finder. Jay and Violent are officially a couple and they are absolutely adorable together! Jay really is the perfect boyfriend. Violet had a few annoying moments, but I understand why she acted the way she did. I felt that Derting developed the characters, especially Jay and Violet, a lot more in this book, and I was happy for that.

Desires of the Dead is very different from the first one, it had a different feel to it and it was not as creepy, but it was still fantastic in its own right. It took me a little bit to figure out where the story was going, but once I figured it out I was hooked! Kimberly Derting is a wonderful author, and I can not wait to read more books from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...