Sunday, July 15, 2012

Review: Until I Die by Amy Plum

Until I Die
(Revenants # 2)
By: Amy Plum
Pub. Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 353
Source: Bought
Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.

As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.

In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series.


Until I Die is the second book in the Revenants series. There was nothing that I did not enjoy about this book. We learn more information about Revenant lore and about some of our favorite Revenants. There is also the beautiful Paris setting that completely sets the tone for the book.

Until I Die takes places a few weeks after Die For Me ended. Vincent and Kate have taken their relationship to the next level but their relationship does not come easy. If Vincent wants to stay with Kate he has to resist the urge to save humans and get himself killed. But that isn't the only problem these two lovebirds face. They are also trying to figure out their future because eventually they will have to accept the fact that Kate will die and Vincent is immortal.

One of my favorite things about this series are the characters. Vincent and Kate are absolutely perfect together. I love how sweet they are and how much trust they have for each other.  Usually I can't stand couples who are completely obsessed with one another. I find it annoying, but with Kate and Vincent, I think it's just perfect. Vincent is one of my favorite males in YA literature. He loves Kate so much and he is willing to take so much pain just to be with her and make her happy. The other Revenants also play a prominent role in the story. Jules and Ambrose are my favorite! We get to meet some other Revenants and I enjoyed getting to know them too.

Besides the characters, I also love the Paris setting. The descriptions are so vivid I felt like I was there right along with Kate. Paris seems like such a beautiful place to visit. I only hope that I am lucky enough to go and visit there one day.

There is also action and plot twists within the pages of Until I Die which kept me captivated the entire time. It was a fast paced read with terrific writing.  It ended on a completely WTF moment and I am eagerly awaiting the third book in the series, If I Should Die!


Other books in the series:





1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...