Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan

Jenny Pox
(The Paranormals # 1)
By: J.L. Bryan
Pub. Date: July 24, 2009
Publisher: Self-Pub
Source: The very awesome and nice J.L. Bryan
Jenny is a shy, small-town South Carolina girl whose touch spreads a deadly supernatural plague. She can't touch anyone for long without killing them. Her life is painfully lonely until she meets a boy named Seth with the opposite power, a healing touch. Jenny's love for Seth brings the wrath of Seth's beautiful, popular and devious girlfriend, Ashleigh, who secretly wields the most dangerous power of all--the power to inspire love.
Wow! Who would have thought this little book (well actually, it's not that little) could inspire so much emotion. I felt sadness for Jenny, hope for Seth and Jenny and a complete and utter hatred for Ashleigh. What we have here is a completely original story that will keep you interested throughout the entire book!

Jenny has a power. If she touches anyone for too long (and by too long, I mean a few seconds) she will kill them. This leaves her completely alone. I was already crying by page 8, when Jenny was four and crying and her daddy had to put on his "cuddle mask" to hold and comfort her. What a horrible thing, to never know human touch. Jenny completely broke my heart, but despite this, and the torture she gets from her fellow classmates she was so good. She had the biggest heart.

When her three legged dogs gets hit by a hit and run driver, the most popular boy in school pulls over and not only heals a completely dying dog, but also grows back the dog's leg! Jenny soon learns that Seth's has the power to heal and not only that but can touch Jenny without dying! What stands in the way of these two love birds is Seth's completely psycho girlfriend. I didn't realize how crazy this chick actually was until I read some of the horrible things she's done. What makes Ashleigh even more terrifying is that her touch has the power to make anyone fall for her, thus getting them to do whatever she wants.

Jenny Pox ends with a bang, and I mean a bang! I would have never seen that ending coming even if it hit me in the head! I can not wait to read the second book in the series, Tommy Nightmare. I just know it is going to be as fascinating as Jenny Pox and I am excited to learn more about Jenny, Seth and Ashleigh pasts.  


4 comments:

  1. I have this book to read on my kindle and I can't wait to read it, it sounds amazing. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I had gotten this on a kindle sale but haven't read it yet. So glad you liked it!

    Glad you also agreed with me on Darker Stills unfulfilled potential!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I've never heard of this one but it sounds incredible! Jenny's power seems very interesting but devastating- something that would definitely be worth reading about. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds like it is right up my alley! I am going to have to check this out the next time I am at the book store! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...