Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate
(New Soul # 1)
By: Jodi Meadows
Pub. Date: January 31, 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Pages: 384
Source: Netgalley
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.
I don't even know what to say about Incarnate. This book was fantastic! The story was so original and intriguing and the characters were wonderful. I only have good things to say about this story!

The main character is Ana. She is a newsoul. This means that her soul is brand spankin' new. Unlike everyone else, whose souls have been reincarnated over and over again through the centuries. Where did she come from? Why is she a newsoul, or nosoul as many people like to call her? What does this mean for other souls?

Ana broke my heart. She's been alone her entire life. Her mother hates her. Imagine being the only one who hasn't been friends and family with the other people for the past thousand years. Then Sam comes along, and in the 18 years of her lonely life, is the other person to ever be kind to her and show her that she is just as good as everyone else.

I loved Sam. I thought he was very interesting and I loved the way that he treated Ana. He was very caring and sweet with her.

I thought that Incarnate had a very interesting concept and I was looking forward to finding out the answers to Ana's questions. I really had no idea what it could have been so I was happily surprised at the end.

This is one book that I will be adding to my collection the moment it comes out. I want that book and that gorgeous cover on my bookshelf!  


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book! I'll definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading this soon and can't wait! I totally agree about the cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I ordered a hardcover copy of this book which is going to be beautiful in person. Can't wait to read this book and meet this wonderful Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh! I'm about halfway through the book and absolutely loving it! Sam is to just too sweet! I love how he turns out to be her idol, it's so cute :)

    I hate the way everyone else treats her though. Well, at the beginning. LI IS A BITCH. I'm sorry, but she is.

    Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeee I can't wait for this book to come out! I'm glad you liked this one! Thanks for the wonderful review, Kristina!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...