Thursday, January 12, 2012

Review: Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Everneath
By: Brodi Ashton
Pub. Date: January 24, 2012
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Pages: 370
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...
Everneath deserves all of the hype that it is getting. This book is fantastic! From page 1 I was completely in love. I am obsessed with the story and the characters. Everneath was so well written that I was never bored. Even at parts that I would normally be bored at, I wasn't. It was just perfect!

For me, Everneath reads like it should be the second book in a series. In the first chapter, the main character Nikki, has already met the "evil" guy (Cole) and was just being released from her imprisonment in the Everneath. She has been there for 100 years with Cole. Now she is back in the world, and since time moves differently in the Everneath, only six months have passed since she first left. Nikki is trying to put the pieces of her life back together, but it is very hard. She doesn't know how to explain her absence, Cole wants her to go back with him to rule hell and on top of everything else, she only has another six months to live before she gets dragged down to live for eternity in the terrifying tunnels.

There are several flashbacks in which we learn how she met Cole, and what caused her to go with him. We also learn about her love, Jack, who she has not stopped thinking about for a 100 years, even if she couldn't remember his name.

As far as evil characters go, I loved Cole! He is the guy you want to hate, but can't help but love!  He is so dark and seductive, but also surprisingly human like. Nikki was just such a sad character. She screwed up her life so much, and she knows that in six months she will be gone forever. Jack was also great. He loves Nikki so much and will do anything for her. He never gave up looking for her when she left, and her leaving screwed him up a lot. But he was never mad or upset with her when she did finally come home. 

You would think that this book would be confusing, and at first I was, but Brodi Ashton does such a wonderful job explaining it to the reader and filling in all the holes, that I didn't stay confused for long.

I loved the mythology that went into the Everneath. It was all very interesting to see everything come together.

That ending! OMG! What a cliffhanger. I am so excited for the second book and can't believe I have to wait another year for it. It will be interesting to see what ends up happening. This is a book that I would definitely recommend!!

This review was brought to you by Hallow Tours!   

3 comments:

  1. I woudl love to get my hands on this book! The cover is so gorgeous, too. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when I'm capture from the first page. I have this one, and I'll be reading it soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get my hands on this book! Heard so many great things about it and now I'm seriously dying to read it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...