Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: Gone by Lisa McMann

Gone
(Dream Catcher #3)
By: Lisa McMann
Pub. Date: February 9, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Pages: 214
Source: Bought
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she’d made her peace with it. But she can’t handle dragging Cabel down with her.

She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams. He’s amazing. And she’s a train wreck. Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves: She has to disappear. And it’s going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life — and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she’d ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils. And time is running out. . . .
 I am a huge fan of the Dream Catching series. I could not get enough of Cabel and Janie. It's the reason it took me so long to read the last book in the series, I never wanted it to end. But good things have to come to a end.

Gone picks up a few weeks after Fade ends. Janie learned what being a dream catcher means and she has a huge decision to make. Stay with Cabel and be blind and paralyzed by the time she is thirty, or live in complete isolation. Her choice becomes harder when she finds out her father, who she never met is in a coma. She learns her dad is also a dream catcher and chose to live in isolation, causing a brain aneurysm at forty. Janie really is between a rock and a hard place, and there is no easy choice for her.

Cabel, who has been my favorite since we first met him in Wake was just as amazing in Gone. He was so kind and patient, even when Janie was being nasty with him. I was so rooting for Janie and Cabel's relationship to pull through but it kept looking like they were not going to make it, which was causing me a lot of stress.

While Janie's father was in coma she was able to learn a lot about him and I was glad for that. She never had anybody until Cabel came along, and it was nice to know that her father did not abandon her, he just didn't know about her.  Both being dream catchers, they were able to communicate within their dreams.

Overall, Gone wasn't my favorite of the three, but I think it was a good conclusion to an amazing series. 


6 comments:

  1. The final book in a series is always so hard. You go in with the most expectations and then you can't really be happy at the end, because it's over. I love series, anyway, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like this series. The first book was hard enough to get through. But at least you still enjoyed it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to check out this series... I read another one of her books and liked it and interested in reading more of her works. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about McMann books. I have to check out one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read Fade from this series, an I read it so long ago that I completely forgot about it! I'm definitely going to check the others out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...