Monday, December 19, 2011

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Catching Jordan
By: Miranda Kenneally
Pub. Date: December 1, 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 288
Source: Netgalley..then I purchased my own copy!
What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though - she leads them as the captain and quarterback on her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starring position on the team... and has her suddenly wishing to be seen as more than just a teammate.
Oh my god!! Catching Jordan is definitely one of my favorite books that I read in 2011. This book is amazing. It was fun, cute, and sweet. The plot was really interesting and original and the characters were great! I just really loved everything about this story. This whole review is going to be me gushing over how great Catching Jordan is and how everyone should read this book!! Even the one thing that did bother me about the main character was changed by the end!

I loved the writing. It flowed so nicely and it was hilarious!! I found myself laughing out loud so many different times.

Jordan is one of my favorite characters that I've ever seen in a book. She's a 17 year old girl who is the captain and quarterback of her high school championship football team. How freakin' cool is that??  Some of my favorite lines of the book are from her:

"...I top off the outfit with flip-flops and chapstick. Ty better appreciate how hard I've worked to make myself attractive for him this morning, because I am fucking spent"

"I snort and chocolate milk comes out of my nose. Yeah, I know, I'm the sexiest creature on the planet"

This girl is me! She was just so great. No matter how confident she was on the football field, when it came to guys she was completely clueless and it was adorable!

Jordan is in her senior year of high school and about to get a full ride to college. Everything changes when Tyler Green moves from Texas to Tennessee. Ty was star quarterback at his old school, but due to some very sad circumstances he has had to move in the middle of the school year. I really thought that Ty was going to be a douche. I thought that he was going to do whatever he had to do to take away the quarterback role from Jordan-even by romancing her. I was pleasantly surprised that this wasn't the case at all. Ty really was a really sweet guy and would never want to hurt Jordan-or anyone else for that matter.

The best part of Catching Jordan was Jordan's teammates and friends. These guys were awesome! They had no problem taking orders from a girl, which I thought was a great touch. These guys were your typical football player type-yet they respected and protected Jordan and I loved that about them! Jordan's best friend, Sam Henry is hilarious. You can totally tell that he is in love with Jordan, and he was just so much fun!

My one teeny-tiny problem was Jordan's issue with other girls. She never gave any of the girls a chance. She was always thinking "girls are horrible, they are so stupid, they only care about shopping". It definitely started to bother me. But by the end, she started to give them a chance, and realized that girls can be just as cool as guys!

Seriously though, this book was AWESOME! I think that everyone needs to read it! It had everything that I could want in a book and more.

I also really loved the cover. I say loved because on further inspection, the guy is missing a foot. A FOOT!! I hope they fix that on second publication. And yes, this book better get a second publication because everyone should read it!!  


4 comments:

  1. Awesome review. I've been on the fence whether to read this book or not, but your review has now convinced me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your review! :) I've been eying this for a long time. Glad you found an amazing contemporary read! *adds to wishlist*

    ReplyDelete
  3. *squeal* I love, love, love this book! I just finished it last night, and it was amazing! Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one! I should be getting a copy soon *fingers crossed* but seeing all these positive reviews (like yours!) are just getting me SO excited for it! I like books that can make me laugh, but humour seems to be harder to find in books so I can't wait!

    Brenna from Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...