Monday, March 11, 2013

Review: Shadows in the Silence by Courtney Allison Moulton


Shadows in the Silence
(Angelfire # 3)
By: Courtney Allison Moulton
Pub. Date: January 29, 2013
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Pages: 469
Source: Bought

Your strength in heart and hand will fall. . . .
Ellie knows that the darkest moments are still to come, and she has everything to fight for:

She must fight for Will.
The demonic have resorted to their cruelest weapons to put Will in mortal danger, and Ellie makes an unlikely alliance to save him and to stop Lilith and Sammael, who seek to drown the world in blood and tear a hole into Heaven.

She must fight for humanity.
As the armies of Hell rise and gather for the looming End of Days, Ellie and her band of allies travel to the world’s darkest and most ancient regions in her quest to come into her full glory as the archangel Gabriel.

And Ellie must save herself.
Her humanity withers beneath the weight of her cold archangel power, but Ellie must hold tight to who she is and who she loves as she prepares for the ultimate battle for Heaven and Earth.

In this final installment in the Angelfire trilogy, Courtney Allison Moulton brings her dark world of epic battles and blistering romance to a blazing bright conclusion.
It is always sad to see a beloved series, and the Angelfire series is no exception. Ever since I opened up the first book, I have been obsessed with Ellie, Will, and the rest of the gang. The last installment was a fast paced, action filled story. There was friendship, romance and mystery.

After the cliffhanger at the end of Wings of the Wicked, I would have given my left arm to get my hands on Shadows in the Silence. I NEEDED to know if Will, one of my favorite YA guys was going to be ok.

Ellie has always been an awesome heroine, but in this one, she was total kick ass. She really came into her own, and the end totally blew me away. Sad, sweet, Will has always been a favorite and my heart broke for him in this one. I just love how protective he is of Ellie, and how selfless he is when it comes to her. To top off this amazing set of characters was Caden. I have been intrigued by him since we first met him, and I loved getting to know him even better. Despite his past, he really is such a good natured guy, and really is trying to get away from the evil things he has done.

I would have liked a little more explanation at the ending. Maybe an epilogue for the epilogue? That was my one real complaint. Other then that, this is a wonderful series, that I highly recommend. It is so much more then an angel series! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...