Monday, March 25, 2013

Review: Boundless by Cynthia Hand


Boundless
(Unearthly # 3)
By: Cynthia Hand
Pub. Date: January 22, 2013
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 438
Source: Bought

The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.

2013 is the year of my favorite series coming to an end, and the Unearthly series is no exception. I have grown with these characters and each of them hold a place in my heart. I have felt their pain, and experienced their joy right along with them.

Boundless begins a few months after the events of Hallowed. Clara, Christian and Angela are at the same college, Tucker and Clara are broken up and he's back at home on his farm, and Jeffrey is dealing with everything that happened, far away from everyone else.  Despite being freshman in college, the final battle is coming up soon, prompting Clara and Christian to start training even harder.

I loved watching these characters come into their own. Each of them grew even more from the last book. I enjoyed watching Clary and Christian finally be able to start dating, but I did miss Tucker. We got to see him a few times, but he was always sad or angry.

I really had no idea how this story was going to play out, or what the ending held for these characters. All I knew was I wanted all of them to be happy.

My only main issue was the last few pages. I would have liked more of a resolution for one character in particular, but other then that, I loved how this story ended.

I read Radiant, an Unearthly novella set between books 2 and 3 before reading Boundless, and I highly recommend reading it that way. The trip that Angela and Clara take to Italy is mentioned many times, and we meet a guy that turns out to be a very important character.

I have never been a big fan of angels, but this is one angel series that is definitely not to be missed! Plus the covers are gorgeous! 




1 comment:

  1. Glad that you enjoyed this one! I still need to get busy reading the sequel :)

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...