Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

Summary Provided by Little Brown Books:
Scarlett March lives to hunt the Fenris--the werewolves that took her eye when she was defending her sister Rosie from a brutal attack. Armed with a razor-sharp hatchet and blood-red cloak, Scarlett is an expert at luring and slaying the wolves. She's determined to protect other young girls from a grisly death, and her raging heart will not rest until every single wolf is dead.

Rosie March once felt her bond with her sister was unbreakable. Owing Scarlett her life, Rosie hunts ferociously alongside her. But even as more girls' bodies pile up in the city and the Fenris seem to be gaining power, Rosie dreams of a life beyond the wolves. She finds herself drawn to Silas, a young woodsman who is deadly with an ax and Scarlett's only friend--but does loving him mean betraying her sister and all that they've worked for? 

My Thoughts:  
I'm a person who buys books because of their covers and this is one of those books. The cover is gorgeous!  I read the inside flap and was intrigued. I thought it was interesting that the author, Jackson Pearce, took a classic fairy tale and put her own spin on it. The book follows two sisters, Scarlett and Rosie March as they come to terms with what happened when they were children and they deal with it by kicking the crap out of and killing the Fenris. One particular Fenris murdered their grandmother, and before he was able to hurt Rosie, older sister Scarlett fought him off, losing her right eye in the process. The book is written in Rosie and Scarlett's point of view, and Silas, their neighbor, is a secondary, but very important character. Honestly though, Silas was the only character I actually liked. I wish we were able to see his POV too. I enjoyed his personality a lot. While I liked the bond between the two sisters, I found them both equally annoying. 

Scarlett, Rosie, and Silas leave their small town in GA and movie to a dirty, small apartment in Atlanta so they can find, and kill the Fenris before they are able to make more wolves. Scarlett feels that since she knows that wolves exist, it is her responsibility to kill as many as possible so they are not able to murder anymore young girls. Rosie is not as passionate for the cause. She does it because she believes she owes it to her sister to hunt since Scarlett saved her life when they were children. Silas on the other hand, has known about the Fenris for most of his life, and while he also fights, he knows it is just as important to have a life outside of hunting.  

For me, the book got really good the last hundred pages are so. Before that, I was reading, hoping that it will get more exciting. There were many action scenes, as well as adorable flirting scenes between Silas and Rosie, but I was still waiting for more. I wanted a big plot twist, then BAM! Jackson Pearce gave it to me and I couldn't put it down!! 

I would recommend this story and I am looking forward to her next book, Sweetly. Last night, I finished As You Wish, and I can't wait to talk about it! I loved it!

Love, Kristina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...