Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Iron Daughter and Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

Summary Provided by Harlequin Teen:
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.

Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.



My Thoughts:
Loved, loved, loved this book! The Iron Daughter is the second book in The Iron Fey series. I love Meghan. I love Puck, also known as Robin Goodfellow to all you Midsummer Nights Dreams fans out there. And I loveeeeee Ash!! I never join "teams" when it comes to love triangles, but I am Team Ash all the way! In The Iron Daughter it's up to Meghan, Puck, and Grimalkin to stop a new Iron King (or the false Iron King to some of the iron fey), save Ash from the Iron in his brain that is slowly killing him, and turning him into a monster, and stop a war between the Winter and Summer Faery Courts.

The Iron Daughter had a fast-paced plot that was really enjoyable. I started the book Saturday, during my lunch break at work and finished it on Sunday. The third book, The Iron Queen will be available January 25. I plan on buying it right away and devouring it. The sad thing is I already know the ending, but that's ok, I will still enjoy the book.

After I read The Iron Daughter, I found out that Julie Kagawa wrote an in-between novella which takes places between book 1, The Iron King and this book. I downloaded it right away on my nook. It's called The Winter's Passage, and is a quick read about Ash and Meghan's trip to Tir Na Nog.

Summary Provided by Goodreads:
Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey. Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter--a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat....


My Thoughts: 
I wish I knew about this mini book before I read The Iron Daughter. Kagawa delivers to her fans a fun, and exciting read and I highly recommend reading it. 



Love, Kristina


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved both of these! I read them out of order too, because I completely misunderstood which order to read them in. But I still enjoyed both books a great deal! Julie Kagawa is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding these books to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...