Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate

Fallen in Love
(Fallen # 3.5)
By: Lauren Kate
Pub. Date: January 24, 2012
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Pages: 256
Source: Netgalley
What makes your heart race a little faster? Just in time for Valentine's Day, it's FALLEN IN LOVE, four wholly original new stories collected in a new novel set in the Middle Ages by Lauren Kate. FALLEN IN LOVE gives fans the much-talked about but never-revealed stories of FALLEN characters as they intertwine with the epic love story of Luce and Daniel. The stories include: Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles , Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland; Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane; and Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda.
I'll be honest, I am not the biggest fan of the Fallen series, but when I heard about Fallen in Love, I thought it would be a really cute story for Valentine's Day and when I saw it on netgalley, I requested it right away. Fallen in Love consistes of four short stories based on some of our favorite characters. I thought each story showed the characters in a different light and I enjoyed seeing them that way.

Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles

Shelby and Miles story was the first story in the book. I was always a fan of both Shelby and Miles, so I enjoyed reading their story. It was also my favorite one. It was so
sweet, and I absolutely loved the ending. I wonder if this will play out at all in the forth book.

Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland

Roland has also been another favorite of mine, and it was interesting to see this other side of him. He is usually such a fun guy, and to see this other personality was heartbreaking. His story was realistic and honest.

Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane

Whoa! Talk about a forbidden romance! This story was also very sad, and I did not like the ending, though I did understand it. Arriane was always an interesting character, and I feel I know her a lot better now.

Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda

The last story in the novel is about our favorite couple, Daniel and the Lucinda from the past. The whole novel is setting up for the two of them to finally get together on Valentine's Day and it was sweet that it finally happened.

Fallen in Love in a quick read with good pacing. The only story that will really change something in the fourth book was Shelby's and Miles story. I kind of wished that the other stories would have played a bigger part in the series, but for what it is, Fallen in Love is the perfect book to read if you are looking for sweet Valentine's Day love stories.


2 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm happy that you said this has good pacing. :) I'm still struggling with Book 2 of Lauren's series. Glad that there are more Shelby and Miles in this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I nominated your blog for an award! Check my blog
    http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-kind.html
    for more details.
    Keep blogging,
    July A. Emmance

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...