Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Review: Until Next Time by Amy Lignor




Until Next Time
(The Angel Chronicles # 1)
By: Amy Lignor
Pub. Date: February 1, 2012
Publisher: Tribute Books
Pages: 225
Source: ebook from Publisher
How does a girl choose between the one who steals her heart and the one who owns her soul?

Matt and Emily were created for a specific job. Raised and trained as the ultimate angel/warrior team, they are sent down to save, defend, judge and forgive, depending on the 'life' they've been assigned. What they don't realize is that the power of human emotions, such as love, anger, passion and fear can take over even the best of souls, causing them to make mistakes and follow paths that lead to confusion and heartache.

When the reason for their training is finally revealed, the angel/warrior team find themselves thrust into a world they know nothing about. Matt takes over the life of Daniel, a young man with a great deal of baggage. Emily becomes Liz, a girl living in a remote village who relies on nothing more than her own strength to survive. A violent storm erupts one night, and framed in the window of Liz's establishment is a frightening face. Let in by the soul of a Good Samaritan, the two visitors bring with them a past full of secrets that could literally change an angel's path and a warrior's plans.

From murder to redemption, this angel/warrior team must find a way to keep the faith they have in each other in a world that's ripping them apart.
As far as angel stories go, this one is definitely one of the most original ones that I have read! It is actually two stories in one. The first is about the angel team Elisa and Matt. There story is set in Heaven. The second story is about Liz, Jason and Daniel and takes place in 1810 Ireland. The interesting thing about this is that Liz is actually Elisa, Daniel is Matt, and well, Jason is just the human guy that Liz shouldn't have fallen in love with.

Elisa and Matt have spent their time in Heaven learning and training for their mission on Earth. They are Angel partners who are also soul mates. They are sent to Earth to understand human emotions and help the humans solve their problems. Their souls are put into the bodies of Liz and Daniel, and they have no memory or recollection about who they really are. After Liz meets Jason, her life changes b/c she falls completely in love with him, even though her soul is supposed to be with Matt.

Until Next Time was a quick read. The writing flowed nicely and I really enjoyed the ending. My favorite character was Jason. He's had a very difficult life, but the abuse he has suffered as a young boy by the hands of the lady he and his family worked for made him the man he became. Liz needed a strong man with the life she had as well and I really loved the two of them together.

I was very surprised that it was set in 1810 Ireland. I thought this completely changed the story. My blogger friend, Ex Libris Kate mentioned that the characters didn't talk like they would have in 19th Century Ireland, and I completely agree with her. This was a bit of a turn off for me.  I was also confused with what Elisa and Matt was supposed to be doing on Earth. It didn't really make sense to me until half way through the story.

Overall, I enjoyed Until Next Time. It was an interesting and original angel story. I am excited to read more from Amy Lignor.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kristina! Amazing review. Now I feel bad because I turned down the offer to review this..because my TBR pile was incredibly massive at the time. It sounds so freaking good and based on your review, you enjoyed this a lot! I miss reading about angels. I'll look into this. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina - Thank you so much for giving the angel/warrior team a place on your incredible site. I'm so happy you liked them, and things WILL be explained :) It's because of incredible sites like yours that there's a party now being held for Emily & Matt and I hope you and your readers can join us!

    Twitter Party
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012
    8 p.m. Eastern

    Follow hashtag #UntilNextTime as author Amy Lignor answers your questions for 90 minutes live on Twitter. A $50 cash prize will be given to the person who has a receipt confirming an ebook purchase of Until Next Time and tweets at least once during the Twitter Party. We'll also be giving away a variety of ebooks and print books throughout the event. Let us know if you are planning to attend by tweeting @TributeBooks or @HelloWritersAmy to RSVP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina, I'm with you - I liked Jason and Liz as a couple too. Thanks for the review - stay tuned for Book 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it was very different from other angel books out there. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Awesome review, Kristina.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad u enjoyed this one Kristina. Cant wait to read this one! you made me so excited now! Great review girl. x

    Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷFICBOOKREVIEWSƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...