Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: Oubliette by Megg Jensen

Oubliette
(Cloud Prophecy # 2)
By: Megg Jensen
Pub. Date: June 11, 2011
Publisher: CreateSpace
Pages: 186
Source: Author
Reychel thought she was finally free. She was wrong. Everyone saw her gift of prophecy as a blessing, but her gift is uncontrollable. No one alive can teach her to manipulate her unique gift and the answers she needs lie buried within a madman’s journals. She’s thrust in the midst of a brewing war and the only uniting factor for her people is their belief in the Prophet. Will Reychel learn to control her gift or will she be forced to deliver a false prophecy that could lead her people into a violent war?
I loved Anathema (the first book in the series) so much that I could not wait to read Oubliette and let me tell you, Oubliette does not disappoint! There is just something about Megg Jensen’s writing that keeps me intrigued until the very end.

Reychel, the Cloud Prophet is transported to a new land where she meets the daughter of Nemison, the man who was supposed to teach her how to use her gifts until he was kidnapped. Reychel has no idea who she could trust since she has been betrayed by so many different people, including the man she loves, Mark. Since no one is teaching her how to use her gift, she has no idea how to properly use it. Without her prophets, she will not be able to help her people. Through the journals of the original Cloud Prophet, the man who long ago prophesized that a girl would come and free their people, Reychel hopes she will learn what she needs to do in order to succeed in her destiny.  

There were so many times that I thought I was going to be able to figure what was going to happen, and then BAM, Jensen surprised me with a plot twist! This is only the second book I have read by Jensen, but I can already tell that every story she writes is going to be FANTASTIC and I am looking forward to reading more by her! 

Read my review of Anathema, the first book in The Cloud Prophet series! 




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Can't wait to read this!
    ~Amanda~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this series, but it sounds intriguing. The first time I ever heard the word oubliette was while reading A Discovery of Witches. I wonder if it means the same thing here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...