Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review: Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley


Graffiti Moon
By: Cath Crowley
Pub. Date: February 14, 2012
Publisher: Random House Children’s House
Pages: 224
Source: Netgalley
Senior year is over, and Lucy has the perfect way to celebrate: tonight, she's going to find Shadow, the mysterious graffiti artist whose work appears all over the city. He's out there somewhere—spraying color, spraying birds and blue sky on the night—and Lucy knows a guy who paints like Shadow is someone she could fall for. Really fall for. Instead, Lucy's stuck at a party with Ed, the guy she's managed to avoid since the most awkward date of her life. But when Ed tells her he knows where to find Shadow, they're suddenly on an all-night search around the city. And what Lucy can't see is the one thing that's right before her eyes.
I loved, loved, loved Graffiti Moon! It was funny, cute and above all, it had heart. It is a beautifully written contemporary, but it is so much more then your average teenage love story.

Graffiti Moon is told in the POV of Lucy, Ed (Shadow) and Leo (Poet). Lucy has been obsessed with Shadow’s graffiti art ever since she first laid eyes on it and has been searching for Shadow ever since. She understands his art and knows that he is the guy she is meant to be with. The night that she plans on finding Shadow her friends want to hang out with high school dropout Ed, and his best friend Leo. Lucy despises Ed but agrees to hang out with them because Ed promises to help her find Shadow. She has NO IDEA that Ed is Shadow and I loved that! I thought the readers were going to find out that Ed was Shadow the same time that Lucy did, but we learn as soon as we read Ed’s first chapter.

Ed was my favorite. I loved everything about him. He had that adorable thing going for him and since he had a hard time with his emotions, he painted what he was feeling instead. Crowley’s described his work so vividly that I felt like I was the one looking at it.

I also loved Leo. He didn’t say much and his POV was in verse, but I just fell in love with him! I’m not big on poetry, but his poems were short and sweet and through them I really felt like I got a sense of who Leo really was.

I really loved everything about Graffiti Moon. I can’t wait till February so I can have my own copy sitting on my bookshelf. I plan on reading everything else Crowley wrote ASAP!!

Do whatever you can to get your hands on Graffiti Moon! It’s totally worth it!!



7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these books before, but they sound really good. I'll have to check them out. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this one, too! I've never really thought much about graffiti art before, but once I finished this I wanted to go looking for it. Ed was such a doll, I think he's one of my favorite contemp characters :0) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about this one. I have a copy from Netgalley so I really must read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this book. (Read it on Net Galley). I find it impressive that Crowley was able to make me care about Leo and Jazz, Dylan and Daisy *and* Ed and Lucy, even though the story is mainly from the last couple. I also like how romance, art and enough "Oh no!" moments were mixed together to keep the plot moving.

    Potentially foolish question: Can anyone tell me how I'm suppose to find out when I'm to post a review for something I read on NetGalley? This is the first book I've read through them and I didn't locate a way to ask the person who approved me, so I'm a little lost. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really great read.

    I love books that have amazing characters that you end up caring about and this seems to be this case with this book.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of the book or author before, but love discovering something new. A character driven story is my favorite kind - will add this to my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard too much about Graffiti Moon before but your gushing review certainly peeked my interest in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...