Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Dream Crystal by Mark O'Bannon


Summary Provided by Goodreads:

All of the world's dreams are about to die. The Shadow People have come. Always near, they linger in the darkness, ready to devour dreams, hopes, aspirations and desires. . .

Aisling, having lost her dream of becoming a fashion designer, learns that she's a Faerie changeling. Disquieted by the fact that her faerie parents are kidnappers, she has decided to rescue the human child she was exchanged for, but her "sister" is no longer among the faeries, having been taken by the Shadow People. Ith, the Lord of Shadows, is trying to control the dreams of mankind, which are under the protection of the faeries, so they're at war.

Aisling, who doesn't believe in dreams any longer, is falling in love with a handsome, mysterious stranger - one of the Shadow People.

The author of The Dream Crystal, Mark O’Bannon kindly provided an ebook so that I can review his work. It took me a very long time to get around to reading it, but I have to say, I was not disappointed and wish I read it sooner.

The story is about a girl named Erin who finds out she is actually a faerie changeling. Now with the name, Aisling, she enters The Land of Dreams to find the human girl who she took the place of. This new land is full of fairies and these fairies are in the middle of a war with The Shadow People. We meet so many kinds of fairies, both good and evil. We also learn a lot about different Irish customs and traditions.

O’Bannon is very descriptive with everything and I felt like I was right there in the middle of everything. I think sometimes being too descriptive can be a problem though. Of course I love when authors explain things and include descriptions. But at the same time I felt that the majority of The Dream Crystal were descriptions which did turn me off a bit.

That isn’t to say that I didn’t enjoy the story. There was a lot of action and plot twists, and besides complaining about there being too many descriptions, nothing else in the story bothered me. I thought it was original and intriguing and I really enjoyed the world that was created.

I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good story. O’Bannon’s fairy world is not to be missed if you are a lover of fantasy novels. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...