Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
By: Jennifer E. Smith
Pub. Date: January 2, 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Pages: 236
Source: Bought
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.
I heard so many excellent things about this book and I could not wait for it to be released! As soon as the UPS man delivered it, I started it. I finished it in one sitting and I was in no way disappointed! This book is a cute, feel good kind of story and the cover is beautiful!

The whole book takes place within a 24 hour time period, with flashbacks showing how Hadley's relationship with her dad got to the point that it is at now. I really did want to hate Hadley's father, but I just couldn't. He really did love his daughter and would have done anything for her.

As far as the main characters go, I think Hadley and Oliver were extremely well written. They were so realistic and I loved that about them. They were both so perfectly flawed. When they meet at the airport they are both on their way to London, each for their own miserable reasons. It was nice that they found each other when they needed someone the most. I also loved how uncomplicated their connection was.

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is a sweet, fun, fast read and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for that perfect little story! 


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read another good review. I came across some mediocre ones over the past weeks and it almost put me off reading the book at all... :(
    But I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another great review! I really must get a copy of this book soon. I've read so many high praises for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought this in audio book form. I'm looking forward to listening to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review! I really liked this one. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I requested this from the library and can't wait to read it! Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too read this in one sitting right after the UPS guy handed it over. This review says everything I was thinking about this book. It's like you read my mind lol. I so loved this book and I know I will fall in love all over again when I reread it which I definitely know I will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...