Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review: Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink by Stephanie Kate Strohm

Pilgrims Don't Wear Pink
By: Stephanie Kate Strohm
Pub. Date: May 8, 2012
Publisher: Graphia
Pages: 204
Source: Netgalley
Libby Kelting had always felt herself born out of time. No wonder the historical romance-reading, Jane Austen-adaptation-watching, all-around history nerd jumped at the chance to intern at Camden Harbor, Maine’s Oldest Living History Museum. But at Camden Harbor Libby’s just plain out of place, no matter how cute she looks in a corset. Her cat-loving coworker wants her dead, the too-smart-for-his-own-good local reporter keeps pushing her buttons, her gorgeous sailor may be more shipwreck than dreamboat — plus Camden Harbor’s haunted. Over the course of one unforgettable summer, Libby learns that boys, like ghosts, aren’t always what they seem.
 Pilgrim's Don't Wear Pink is a fun, hilarious, and sweet story! I have only AMAZING things to say about it and I think everyone should give this story a shot! There were so many times that I found myself laughing hysterically at some of the things that were being said.

Libby was a great character! She loves history so much (a girl of my own heart!) that she was willing to spend her entire summer working at a live history museum wearing corsets and dresses and turning butter. The whole nine yards of colonial life! Her job is too teach young girls how to cook like they did in colonial times. It definitely wasn't as exciting as she thought it was going to be, but she made it work! The only thing she couldn't handle was being out in public without any make-up!

The book also had enough romance to keep a girl intrigued! From the hot boy of her dreams to the geeky reporter investigating a ghost haunting (Yep, the book had ghosts too!), Libby had her work cut out for her.

I loved the secondary characters. Her best friend, Dev, was the best gay friend a teenage girl could want and Garret was so cute with his little nerdy ways. I even loved the bitchy girl who tried to make Libby's life hell. She was hilarious!

Overall, I could not have asked for a better story. It was so much fun to read and I loved every minute of it.  


2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds so ridiculously cute! The summary reminds me a little of Past Perfect by Leila Sales? I'm definitely adding this one to my TBR!!! Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...