Monday, May 23, 2011

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Summary Provided by Goodreads:
Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears.

My Thoughts:
Holy crap, how have I never read anything from Lisa Schroeder before! I need to own everything she has written like NOW! The Day Before is beautifully written, with a wonderful message and great characters! I read it under two hours and was late for my grad class because I had to finish it!

The book begins with Amber, leaving her home and spending the day by herself at the beach. The reader has no idea why she is doing this. While there, she meets a boy named Cade, also alone and the two of them find comfort in each other. The next day, both of their lives will change forever, so today is going to be about doing things they have never done and enjoying the moment while it lasts. We slowly learn what Cade and Amber are dealing with, both things being impossible to even imagine. I really loved Cade and Amber’s characters. They were extremely well written and Schroeder had me hooked as soon as I met them.

This novel was written in verse, and I thought the only author that could pull this off, and pull it off well was Ellen Hopkins.  Boy was I wrong! Schroeder’s writing is beautiful and she is able to convey so many feelings and emotions in so little words.

This book needs to be read as soon as humanly possible. Everything about The Day Before was wonderful. I can not gush about the awesomeness of this book anymore, it just needs to be added to your To-Be-Read Pile!

The Day Before comes out June 28th, 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Although I've never really read Ellen Hopkins' books, I love skimming through them at the bookstore because of her poetic writing style. Since this book sounds like a really awesome read from your review and the blurb and has the same writing style as Hopkins, I'm totally checking it out!

    Thanks for the great review:)
    leslie
    booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...