Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Review: Grim edited by Christine Johnson

Grim
Edited By: Christine Johnson
Pub. Date: February 25, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 480
Source: Netgalley

Inspired by classic fairy tales, but with a dark and sinister twist, Grim contains short stories from some of the best voices in young adult literature today.
I'm not a big fan of classic fairy tales or short stories, but I still wanted to read Grim. So many awesome authors, including some of my favorites, Ellen Hopkins, Julie Kagawa and Sarah Rees Brennan wrote stories for this book so I knew it had to be a must read. Turns out, despite the fact that I loved the authors, I still really am not a fan of classic fairy tales or short stories. I found most of the stories to be boring, but I really believe that is only because of my preferences. I feel that many others will find the stories fun, twisted, intriguing and interesting!

My favorite story was Beauty and the Chad, a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and written by Brennan. This story was so much fun! I absolutely loved Chad and he was so hilarious! This story definitely made the whole anthology worth it.

Though I was not a big fan of the other stories, I thought that they all had very interesting and fleshed out characters. Even being short stories, I still very much cared about every single one of them.

Grim might not have been the book for me, but I have a good feeling that many others will love it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...