Friday, April 8, 2011

Clarity by Kim Harrington


Summary Provided by Goodreads:
When you can see things others can't, where do you look for the truth?

This paranormal murder mystery will have teens reading on the edge of their seats.

Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?

My Thoughts:
I’ve heard nothing but good things about Clarity, from debut author Kim Harrington, so I was really excited when I got this book from my public library. I thought the story was original, fast-paced, and I absolutely loved some of the one-liners that were said!

Clarity “Clare” Fern, her brother, Perry, and her mom all have special gifts. Clare can touch an object and see specific visions about things that have happened in the past. Her brother can talk to the dead, and her mother can hear your thoughts. When a girl is murdered in her small town of Eastport, MA, Clare uses her special gift to find out what happened. When her brother becomes the prime suspect in the investigation, Clare will do whatever she has to do to clear his name.

I loved Clare, absolutely loved her! She was smart, brave, and hilarious! She had me cracking up throughout the book. Come to think of it, I really loved all of the characters. They all brought something special to the story. I especially loved Gabriel. He’s the new kid in town whose father is the lead detective on the case. At some points, Gabriel was very mean to Clare, usually for no reason but to be a douche, which I was getting annoyed at, but once I found out what his story was, I ended up falling for him a little.

Besides the great characters, the plot was absolutely captivating! From the first page I was hooked! I had no clue who the murderer was, and I was very surprised at the ending!

This is a book I definitely would recommend! You will not be able to put it down!

1 comment:

  1. Clare = Awesome! She had me giggling from the beginning ;)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read my post! I would love to know what you think, so please leave a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...